Saturday, August 15, 2009

oH WhAt DId wE DO ThIS PASt SUmmERTImE???!!!

My last post was on June 15-- Two Months ago!! The time really flies! My kids are on a partial year round school schedule- so they only get 8 weeks for summer. Boating this year just didn't happen as much as we usually like to.We were either too busy or the weather didn't cooperate. We did 2 weeks of swim lessons as soon as school was out. Then the kids went and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Dayley for a week while James and I went on the Martin's Cove Trek with the youth in our ward. I absolutely loved it! Grandpa and Grandma Dayley took very good care of the kids! They went hiking in the mountains, went for drives, roasted hotdogs over an open fire- they loved this! Zayne spent a couple of days building a new roof for Aunt Bernice. Grandpa Dayley said he did a great job! He is growing up too fast!Their week at the Dayleys was one of the highlights of the summer.They still talk about it! Mom and Dad D are wonderful! Thank you Thank you Thank you!


The school year has been long!!One of the end of the year highlights was Jordan earned the Citizen of the Month award! Way to go Jo! You rock!!
Kaden and Brooklynn have been waiting for Zayne and Jordan to have a summer break to play with them once again!!
In the Meantime.....

COMPROMISE...... I walked downstairs to find Kaden and Brooklynn playing GI Joe tanks. The best part is Kaden is wearing a skirt!! Now who wouldn't want this kid for a future son in law!!
Five minutes later I find them in Brooklynn's room- dancing on her bed! But take a look at the toys he brought into her room- dinosaurs- tanks- guns etc, He still had to hold on to some of his boyishness....{is that a word??} Hee Hee!! I love the age they are at.

So later James comes home from work and sees Kaden is in a skirt- he goes into our room and puts one of my skirts on to see Kaden's reaction to that....It was soooo funny! Kaden says, "DAD! What are you doing? You can't wear a skirt!!" James replies, "Look AT YOU!! You can't either!!"
Sadly enough- he hasn't worn one since! In June we had our annual ward rodeo! It is a lot of fun... one of the benefits of living in a country ward I guess. So we all dress up! Kaden is wearing his cowboy clothes- he looks much cuter dressed like this wouldn't you agree?! James and Zayne are unsuccessfully trying to explain the greased pig was caught by somebody else this year, and that he will have to try again next year.


Brooklynn is modeling her Rodeo Princess Crown!!



Brooklynn competing in the Barrel Races! She's a natural!!

Kaden competing in the Tractor Pulls! He runs and smiles at me the whole time! Did I already say I love this age? Zayne and Jordan were gone the whole night! I never took any good shots of them! :( I guess they think friends are more important than family....kids these days....J/J!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those pictures are perfect for the album you show your kids dates later!! Your kids are so cute-I need to bring mine to play!

Mary Kay said...

haha! I love the whole skirt episode!

briggsy said...

James is that skirt is too funny! I am still chuckling! We are doing Trek this summer. Can wait, but can't wait. Our kids really would love each other!